I want to control my device from beyond my home network. How do I do this?
Isn’t this thing supposed to be smart?
Indeed, this device is smart and can connect from anywhere in the world with your phone provider's data plan or any Wi-Fi access.
Note: Remote Access account it is not required for your RainMachine local or remote access. It is optional. The Remote Access through RainMachine Cloud Servers can be switched OFF and your RainMachine will become a completely cloud independent, fully accessible and operational.
Starting June 8, 2022 a Premium Services yearly subscription is required in order to access your RainMachine remotely through the RainMachine Cloud Servers.
Using RainMachine iOS or Android mobile apps
- Open RainMachine mobile app on your phone/tablet.
- Connect to your RainMachine device listed on the DEVICES screen.
- Tap on "Settings - System Settings - Remote Access"
- Make sure that the Remote Access is switched ON.
- Enter your email address you would like to associate your RainMachine device with.
- Tap "Add Device" button.
- Open your INBOX (SPAM folder) and look for the RainMachine Account Validation message.
- Open that email and click on the "Confirm Email Address" button.
- Once successfully, your RainMachine device will be associated with your email address that will become your username credential to use when you "Sign in with RainMachine"
The password is your RainMachine password and it is saved on the device itself for security reasons. Make sure that you create a strong password for your RainMachine device.
For the RainMachine Touch HD-12/16
Follow this support article to learn how to set up your Remote Access account directly from the RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 touchscreen interface.
Note: Please make sure that your Wi-Fi router does not block the port 8000 for the outbound connectivity. For more troubleshooting articles please follow this link.