Straight out of the box, RainMachine Pro with HomeKit integration will work with your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple Watch.
With Apple HomeKit integration for RainMachine Pro you will be able to:
- Manually start/stop a zone.
- Change a default running time for each zone.
- Queue multiple zones.
- Change the status of a zone (active or inactive).
- Change the zone custom names.
Note: Changing the zone custom name from within Apple HomeKit will not be reflected into the RainMachine Pro local/mobile/web interface, but the changes made to the zone names from the RainMachine Pro local/mobile/web interface will be reflected into the Apple HomeKit interface.
- Use voice to command Apple Siri to start/stop a zone or check your sprinkler status.
Example of Apple Siri voice commands:
- "Hey Siri, water Lawn" (where "Lawn" is your irrigation zone custom name)
- "Hey Siri, please water Lawn for 5 minutes" or "Hey Siri, turn on Lawn for 5 minutes"
- "Hey Siri, stop watering" or "Hey Siri, stop all watering"
You can ask Apple Siri to tell you what is going on with your sprinklers
- "Hey Siri, what's my sprinkler state" or "Hey Siri, what's my sprinkler doing"
Note: Once the RainMachine Apple HomeKit accessory is renamed inside the Apple Home app, you can use its custom name (eg: Garden Irrigation) into the voice command, like: "Hey Siri, what's my Garden Irrigation doing".
Note: Apple HomeKit, for now, does not allow to run programs or to create scenes automation with the current irrigation profile.
Add RainMachine Pro as an Apple HomeKit accessory
To use and manage your HomeKit accessories from the Home app on all of your Apple devices sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID on every device. NOTE: You might need to turn on iCloud Keychain and Home in iCloud Settings on your Mac OS desktop.
If adding the RainMachine Pro as Apple HomeKit accessory fails, please make sure:
- The RainMachine Pro is up to date (v4.0.1128 and up).
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS. To use the Home app on a Mac, update your Mac to macOS Mojave.
- Update the RainMachine iOS mobile app to the latest version.
- The RainMachine Pro is connected to the same Wi-Fi local network as your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Reset Apple HomeKit pairing code by going to the RainMachine Pro device and access: Settings - System - IoT - Apple HomeKit - Reset Pairings - Yes
- Reboot your Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and then connect it to the same Wi-Fi local network as RainMachine Pro device and try again.
- Apple HomeKit: https://www.apple.com/lae/ios/home/
- How to use Apple Home app: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893
- How to set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057
- RainMachine Pro software update.