After update and reboot, I get a blinking wrench and WiFi won't enable. Network tools shows:
Wifi Enabled: False
Wifi Connected: False
I've tried the following to resolve the problems, with no effect:
* Reboot rainmachine via reset switch: Blinking wrench after reboot.
* Hold reset switch for 20 seconds: Blinking wrench after reboot.
* Hold reset switch and reset on TPlink wifi: Blinking wrench after reboot.
* Reboot WiFi AP and router and rainmachine: Blinking wrench after reboot.
* Settings -> System -> Wifi: Says "turning on" at first, then "error." "Enable" checkbox is unchecked after reboot, attempting to check it puts a check in the box, but has no effect.
* Updates -> Factory Reset: Says "preparing initial setup" and reboots, but on reboot old programs etc still exist. Immediate blinking wrench. Same results whether backup is kept or deleted.
I called rainmachine tech support, but got a mailbox full message. Same thing for customer service.
Any ideas? I hear there is an SD card inside of these--anybody have a working image that I can write to the card?
If the devices are truly bricked by the update, then an idea for product enhancement is a backup firmware ROM or something like that. There needs to be a way to unbrick these devices.
Please sign in to leave a comment.