How can we help?


Not watering, but unit say's it is.

Comments

3 comments

  • Avatar
    RainMachine Nicholas

    Hi Sean,

    Is this something that happens for automatically scheduled programs (meaning not a manual run) ?

    Can you try from the Web UI ?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Sean Gnant

    Thanks Nicholas for your suggestions.

    Just to follow up, and maybe help someone down the road,

    The problem:

    Zone 1 (the first programmed zone) would trigger via automation and no zones would water after that.  Although I could control all the zones individually via my app.  So I figured my wiring and solenoids were fine.  But that was not the case.  Eventually Zone 2 stopped working altogether. The failing solenoid cascaded to the rest of the programed zones.   I replaced the solenoid on that circuit and now everything is working fine. 

    Since replacement, I have a slight delay now between zones.  This should isolate the problem if it happens again.  Which it will. Solenoids always go bad.

    I do have to say I absolutely love this controller.  Giving the  garden a little extra water from your app when you are out of town is awesome.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    RainMachine Nicholas

    Thank you for getting back to us with your solution, this is very helpful !

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.