RainMachine Mini-8 local touch display - Standard options
RainMachine Mini-8 local touch display - Advanced options:
Note: In order to function, these additional Advanced Options need to be enabled from the RainMachine mobile/web application under Settings - System Settings - Display, LED &Touch option.
WiFi LED Icon / Digit Number LED (on standby) behavior:
|AP Mode||WiFi LED Icon||Digit Number LED|
|Connected||Full ON||OFF or Zone number|
|Wrong WiFi password||Blinking||A|
Note: Changing WiFi connection from API should wake display and blink WiFi LED icon until it connects.
Basic touch buttons operations
Note: If the display is on standby first touch it will wake it up but will not register action.
1) SHORT PRESS:
- UP or DOWN changing zones, 1 short beep
- WATER starts watering for "5 minutes" time, blocks UP/DOWN keys, starts blinking, 2 short beeps
- WATER when blinking/watering stops started zone, 2 short beeps
2) LONG PRESS (3 seconds):
- WATER stops all zones queued useful to stop an entire program, 1 long beep
- Both UP and DOWN - Perform Update, will show U on display during the update, no other action allowed on touch. Will show 'o' if update ok or already up-to-date and will restart the app. Will show E if any error occurred.
- Both UP and WATER - Enable/Disable ssh login
Starting a program
Using mobile/web RainMachine application go to Settings - System Settings - Display, LED & Touch
Choose the option "Touch to Cycle Programs" to run the first program available on the RainMachine Mini-8.
Go to the RainMachine Mini-8 and tap UP/DOWN buttons until it will show letter "P" on the digit display. To START/STOP the program press the watering can button.
Queueing multiple zones
Choose to manually run multiple zones by enabling the "Touch Advanced" option. This way when you manually start a zone from the RainMachine Mini-8 touch interface and then press UP/DOWN buttons to choose another zone, the watering can button will act as manually START for that zone (adding it into the watering queue) and it will not act as STOP for the all watering activities. To stop all watering activities even if the "Touch Advanced" option is enabled, LONG PRESS the watering can button.
Note: To stop a zone when "Touch Advanced" option is selected, simply navigate to that zone number using UP/DOWN touch buttons and press the watering can button to stop. If there are other zones in the watering queue, they will automatically start in the order they were set.
All zones manually started from the RainMachine Mini-8 local touch interface will run for the default 5 minutes watering time. To run them less or more please use the mobile/web RainMachine applications.
Article is closed for comments.