In order to talk to your RainMachine via Amazon Echo (Alexa), you need to perform 3 simple steps:
1. Connect IFTTT to Amazon Echo (Alexa).
2. Connect IFTTT to RainMachine.
3. Create an IFTTT Recipe.
Step 1. Connect IFTTT to Amazon Echo:
– Login or create a free IFTTT account here: https://ifttt.com/
– After you login, allow IFTTT to communicate with your Amazon Echo (Alexa) device by clicking on “Connect” and then select Amazon Echo (Alexa) device.
– Click on Channels and select Amazon Alexa channel.
You will then be prompted to provide the login and password for your Amazon Echo (Alexa).
5 seconds wait… You are now Connected!
Step 2. Connect IFTTT to RainMachine
– From IFTTT, click on Connect to connect your RainMachine
– Click on Channels and select RainMachine channel.
– You will be prompted to ‘login’ on the RainMachine using your email and RainMachine password.
Note: IFTTT RainMachine smart home integration requires RainMachine Premium Services subscription since it doesn't work without a valid RainMachine Remote Access email account.5 seconds wait… You are now Connected!
Step 3. Create an IFTTT Recipe
– Click on “My Recipes”, and then “Create a Recipe”.
– Click on the “this” portion of the Recipe.
– Choose “Amazon Alexa” as trigger channel and specify “Say a specific phrase” as trigger.
– Enter the phrase that you want to trigger your watering (e.g. : “water my roses”).
– Click “Create Trigger”.
– Click on the “that” portion of the Recipe
– Choose “RainMachine” as action channel and choose an action (e.g.: Start a zone). – Select what zone to start and for how long, and click “Create Action”. – Click “Create Recipe” and you are done!
Test and Enjoy!
– Tell Alexa: “Alexa trigger water my roses”
RainMachine will start watering your roses! Enjoy!
Can sn ifft recipe be created eith the rn android app
Article is closed for comments.