Unleash the power of Internet of Things (IoT) by integrating your RainMachine into IFTTT world
1. Please login or create a free IFTTT account here.
2. To allow IFTTT to access your RainMachine, click on Channels and search for RainMachine channel.
3. Follow on screen instruction to login on the RainMachine authorization webpage using your RainMachine Remote Access email account and RainMachine password.
Note: IFTTT RainMachine smart home integration requires RainMachine Premium Services subscription since it doesn't work without a valid RainMachine Remote Access email account.4. After the RainMachine channel is connected you can define your own rules, or applets, as in the example below, or you can use predefined applets.
Recipe example: “Water my roses when the temperature exceeds 100F.”
1. Click on “My Applets”, and then “Create a Applet”.
2. Click on the “this” portion of the applet.
3. Search for “Weather” channel, and click “Connect”.
4. Enter your ZIP code for location, and click “Done”.
5. Choose the trigger: “Current temperature rises above” and enter 100F. Press “Create trigger”.
6. Click on the “that” portion of the applet
7. Choose “RainMachine” as action channel and choose an action (e.g.: Start a zone, or Start a program).
8. Select what zone/program to start and for how long, and click “Create Action”.
9. Click “Create Applet” and you are done ! Anytime the temperature rises above 100F your roses will get more water.
Note: Only the scheduled zones or programs can be used as triggers on RainMachine IFTTT channel. If a zone or a program is manually started, the IFTTT trigger will not fire.