To get the latest Beta firmware version on the RainMachine device you need to enable the Beta firmware update feature. To do that, using RainMachine mobile or web applications, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Enable Beta Quality Updates. Reboot the RainMachine device, then check for updates and choose to update your RainMachine software. Every time there is a new Beta firmware released you will be notified of the update.
Note: Understand the risk. If you choose to install the beta version, your RainMachine device will use it until a new stable firmware version is released, though, you can opt-out at any moment from the Beta Quality Updates channel.
11/24/2020 Beta Release
v.4.0.1003 RainMachine Mini-8
v.4.0.1135 RainMachine Touch HD-12 and Touch HD-16
v.4.0.1152 RainMachine Pro 8 and Pro 16
- Fixed Met.No Weather Service not downloading data
- NetAtmo Weather Service: Fixed issue when station name is not present in the returned data
07/31/2020 Beta Release
v.4.0.1002 RainMachine Mini-8
v.4.0.1134 RainMachine Touch HD-12 and Touch HD-16
v.4.0.1151 RainMachine Pro 8 and Pro 16
- Met.No Weather Service: Update for the latest Met.No API as previous version used by RainMachine is no longer accessible.
- Programs Finish Before Sunrise: We have identified the cause that in certain cases can cause the Finish Before Sunrise programs not to run. To prevent this from happening we are now restricting the program start to be in the same day. If previously the programs could theoretically start way past midnight (for programs with long duration) this is now limited to midnight to prevent same program starting in same day twice leading to confusion.
- NetAtmo Weather Service: Fixed issues with automatic re-login after the expiration of previous login.
- NetAtmo Weather Service: Allow the possibility to specify modules for other base stations if user has multiple base stations
- NetAtmo Weather Service: Allow the possibility to select modules from devices being shared by other users.
- NOAA Weather Service: Better caching of day data for cases where further reports have missing data.
- WUnderground Weather Service: Report observed RAIN for today instead of just for previous day
- Fix conversion for RadiationWattsPerHour for user weather services.
Touch HD Firmware
- WIFI reconnect improvements.
- A separate experimental mode WIFI reconnect algorithm has been added.
- Added support for TP-Link Archer T2U Plus WIFI Adapter.
- Fix issue with charts graphs being cramped on the left side that sometimes happen after a refresh.
- Improved NetAtmo Weather Service configuration UI.
- Added dark mode with the possibility to switch between light mode and dark mode from System Settings > Settings.
- Other improvements.
09/10/2019 Beta Release
v.4.0.999 RainMachine Mini-8
v.4.0.1129 RainMachine Touch HD-12 and Touch HD-16
v.4.0.1148 RainMachine Pro-8 and Pro-16
- Finish by Sunrise/Sunset: Fix for corner case where irrigation won't start after changin offset/program parameters
- MET.NO update date URL to HTTPS to fix data retrieval errors
RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 specific:
- This release adds support for Apple HomeKit see Settings > System > Internet of Things on how to enable and pair your iOS device with RainMachine
- The HomeKit support must be enabled from the above mentioned menu to function
RainMachine Pro-8/16 specific:
- Fix HomeKit HomeApp duration timers not refreshing while application was open
- Add WiFi Access Point control to local display interface
- Improve performance of remote service for larger data transfers
- Manage soil available water
- Show/Hide inactive zones
- Better refresh of weather graphs after refreshing a weather service data
- Zone settings layout change
06/12/2019 Beta Release
v.4.0.993 RainMachine Mini-8
v.4.0.1122 RainMachine Touch HD-12 and Touch HD-16
v.4.0.1131 RainMachine Pro-8 and Pro-16
- Weather Engine improve reliability when receiving wrong weather data from weather services
- MET.NO improve reliability of data retrieval
- NOAA Weather Service improve reliability of data retrieval
- Weather Underground Weather Service implement new API version for weather station owners
- FAWN Weather Service added a fallback to a different service to retrieve daily ET
- Fix for End by Sunrise/Sunset option issue that might prevent long running programs to start
- Fix for historical weather fallback not being correctly used when no weather could be downloaded
- Fix for weather parser upload using Windows OS
- Several internal small improvements
RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 specific:
- This release adds support for Flow Meter control, report and leak detection.
The Flow Meter support on Touch HD-12-16 works on the same pins as Rain Sensor so they can't be used concurrently.
- WiFi connection watchdog rework for better compatibility with newer mesh routers.
RainMachine Pro-8/16 specific:
- Improved Apple Siri responses to action and status queries
- Apple HomeKit support
- Correctly display Weather Services mouse-over tooltips when they show over the graph title.
- Weather Services visualisation graphs will now render in device timezone.
- Correctly report recorded Flow Sensor data
- Fixed weather services graphs not being correctly rendered in device timezone in newer browser versions
- Improved retry mechanism for dashboard
Beta v.4.0.974 (01/07/2019)
This update is being released in stages so it might not be available for all beta testers.
- Added Finish Before/After Sunrise or Sunset as program start time. This feature allows programs to be scheduled dynamically to finish before or after Sunrise or Sunset with a specified offset.
- Added Local Weather Push API that allows weather data to be pushed to RainMachine either on local network or from other services. This allows direct integration with personal weather station through use of software like weeWX, cumulusMX or similar. This service is disabled by default but can be enabled in the Developers tab of the Weather Services.
Please see this page for details on how to integrate RainMachine with WeeWX.
- Fix next run display for programs with start date > 2 years in the future.
- Fix for Weather Underground not able to read historical data from certain stations
- Programs that skip watering due to Adaptive Frequency are now correctly logged in Water Log
- Added Rotors High Rate for the higher precipitation rate rotors sprinkler type
- Added Pause feature that allows to temporarily pause watering for a certain amount.
This is currently only usable from Web UI and it will pause for a predefined 30 minutes.
- Fix Relative Humidity being wrongly calculated when only minimum and maximum were received from the weather service.
- Reworked Weather Underground weather service to allow personal weather stations data gathering without a API key.
The API key is still needed to receive the forecast from Weather Underground.
- Force authorization for NetAtmo service in case the token becomes invalid.
- Updated API to 4.6 version to reflect the new API calls like Pause.
- Improve the security of locally accessed devices.
- Automatic updates check should now trigger correctly after a program run if no programs will run in the next hour.
- Added back the local plain HTTP access by port 8081 as it was used on several 3rd party integrations.
- Fixed Reboot during watering notifications not always getting sent.
- Programs run notification now include the total duration the program will run.
- Improved responsiveness for login API in certain cases.
- Web interface can now be loaded through HTTP, beside HTTPS
- Bushes and Trees had been split in separate types in Zone Settings.
- Water deficit during a user set Restriction can be set to be carried to next watering cycle or not.
- Fix for Programs Zone Order being lost after a device reboot.
- Fix Water Surplus flag not always showing correctly in Watering History.
- Fix for irrigation carry over for the next schedule when zone minimum watering duration was not met if soil had no available water.
- RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 Family:
- Added dynamic support for changing the WIFI modules. This is limited by a list of known modules that we know to be working but it can be extended.
- Added support for dual-band (5GHz) WIFI adapters based on RealTek 8814 chipset.
- Reworked the WIFI reconnect algorithm to improve connectivity on some corner cases when using repeaters or dual-band routers.
- RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 Family - Local Touch Interface:
- Improvements to adding remote access functionality
- Secure remote access API calls
- Rotors low vs high rate
- Add Pause/Resume watering functionality
- Different vegetation types for trees and bushes
- Program start time "Finish by" functionality
- Confirmation dialog for copying a program
- Unknown sunrise/sunset start time
- Try reconnecting when WiFi connection suddenly disappears
- Make sure WiFi does not get disconnected when the device is sleeping
- Better approach to loading the data after reboot
- Better reset to factory behavior
- Use Google Maps API to render a static map when setting the location
- UI tweaks
- Alternative UI flow if location setup fails for some reason
- Fix WiFi crash in some rare scenarios
- RainMachine Mini-8:
- Increase the setup grace period to 2 minutes before user must press a key on device.
- Added Finish Before/After Sunrise or Sunset as program start time options.
- Renamed Minimum Watering Time in zone properties to Minimum Rollover duration and updated the help text to better explain what the option does.
- Added a better UI for Weather Underground weather service.
- Improved some of the help messages.
- Added Pause feature, a pause button will show up during watering that allows user to delay the watering for 30 minutes.
- The About page should now list updates more reliable on slow connections.
- Reduce the used bandwidth by not requesting data if UI is not in view.