To get the latest Beta firmware version on the RainMachine device you need to enable the Beta firmware update feature. To do that, using RainMachine mobile or web applications, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Enable Beta Quality Updates. Reboot the RainMachine device, then check for updates and choose to update your RainMachine software. Every time there is a new Beta firmware released you will be notified about the update.
Note: Understand the risk. If you choose to install beta version, your RainMachine device will use it until a new stable firmware version is released, thou, you can opt-out at any moment from the Beta Quality Updates channel
Fixes from previous beta (v4.0.888):
- Elevation fix for cases where mobile clients can't find the correct elevation for location during setup,
the nearest weather station elevation is used instead
- Met.no weather service issue is now fixed by using the latest met.no API version.
- Bonjour service startup fixes.
Fixes from previous beta (v4.0.875):
- API 4.4 see all changes here.
- Forecast Correction features is now enabled by default.
- New zone predefined soils: Sandy Clay, Silt Loam, Silt.
- Added multiple fail back sources for NOAA for weather updates.
- Fix for programs obeying QPF restriction when program has internet weather disabled.
- Connected rain sensors can now be configured to snooze a user defined amount after rain has stopped.
- Added rain sensor software control support for Touch HD-12/16 (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Improvements for Weather Rules.
- Programs: Correctly save Minimum Watering Threshold reason instead of Water Surplus.
- Restrictions: Add support for rain sensor for RainMachine Touch HD-12/16
- Network: Integrate Bonjour protocol
- API: GET /dailystats should now return correct wateringFlag
- RainMachine Mini-8: Press 15s to perform a system reset to defaults
- Charts: Correct the day offset issue.
- Charts: Show second decimal for days High and Low temperatures.
- UI: Improved mouse hover on the small zones thumbnails showing the whole zone captured image.
- Charts: Added "Water Surplus" icon.
- UI: Programs and Zone titles are linked to their properties popup windows.
- UI: Press "Esc" keyboard button to close popup windows.
- UI: Better refresh when programs, weather or restrictions are changed. - UI: Increase UI refresh time.
- UI: Added feedback animation for all action buttons.
- UI: Showing the entire captured zone image on Zone Edit window.
- Advanced Zone Settings: new predefined soil types: Sandy Clay, Silt Loam, Silt.
- Field Capacity - "Show graph" option has feedback animation.
- Suggested zone times split by days when selected Frequency - Selected Days
- Moved the buttons on the bottom of the window.
- Various fixes.
- Restrictions: New RainSensor Options showing for all RainMachine devices (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Snooze: You can now set device snooze by days, hours and minutes.
- Added Bonjour service enable/disable options under System Settings.
- Added "Rain Sensor" option for the RainMachine Touch HD-12/16
Local touch interface
- Home screen showing all programs water consume graphs.
- Cycle through program graphs using Left/Right arrows.
- View all vital information about the RainMachine by raising the panel bottom drawer with swipe up action.
- Snooze device by Days, Hours or Minutes.
- New options for Rain Sensor added on Restrictions - Rain Sensor (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Added support for Rain Sensor under Settings - Restrictions
- Improve Reset to defaults behavior
- Add support for ZeroConf / Bonjour service
- Improve behavior of flashing wrench icon when NOAA or other data source is being problematic
- Instant manual cancelling of zone watering
- Better loading behavior for the main screen after a reboot
- Add a warning for program rain restriction setting
- Save zone / program when directly pressing the Home button
- Various internal fixes.