05/23/2017 | v4.0.900
- Elevation fix for cases where mobile clients can't find the correct elevation for location during setup,
the nearest weather station elevation is used instead
- Met.no weather service issue is now fixed by using the latest met.no API version.
- API 4.4 see all changes here.
- Forecast Correction features is now enabled by default.
- New zone predefined soils: Sandy Clay, Silt Loam, Silt.
- Added multiple fail back sources for NOAA for weather updates.
- Fix for programs obeying QPF restriction when program has internet weather disabled.
- Connected rain sensors can now be configured to snooze a user defined amount after rain has stopped.
- Added rain sensor software control support for Touch HD-12/16 (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Improvements for Weather Rules.
- Programs: Correctly save Minimum Watering Threshold reason instead of Water Surplus.
- Restrictions: Add support for rain sensor for RainMachine Touch HD-12/16
- Network: Integrate Bonjour protocol
- API: GET /dailystats should now return correct wateringFlag
- RainMachine Mini-8: Press 15s to perform a system reset to defaults
- Charts: Correct the day offset issue.
- Charts: Show second decimal for days High and Low temperatures.
- UI: Improved mouse hover on the small zones thumbnails showing the whole zone captured image.
- Charts: Added "Water Surplus" icon.
- UI: Programs and Zone titles are linked to their properties popup windows.
- UI: Press "Esc" keyboard button to close popup windows.
- UI: Better refresh when programs, weather or restrictions are changed. - UI: Increase UI refresh time.
- UI: Added feedback animation for all action buttons.
- UI: Showing the entire captured zone image on Zone Edit window.
- Advanced Zone Settings: new predefined soil types: Sandy Clay, Silt Loam, Silt.
- Field Capacity - "Show graph" option has feedback animation.
- Suggested zone times split by days when selected Frequency - Selected Days
- Moved the buttons on the bottom of the window.
- Various fixes.
- Restrictions: New RainSensor Options showing for all RainMachine devices (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Snooze: You can now set device snooze by days, hours and minutes.
- Added Bonjour service enable/disable options under System Settings.
- Added "Rain Sensor" option for the RainMachine Touch HD-12/16
Local touch interface
- Home screen showing all programs water consume graphs.
- Cycle through program graphs using Left/Right arrows. Tap on their name to access the program edit screen.
- View all vital information about the RainMachine by raising the panel bottom drawer with swipe up action.
- Snooze device by Days, Hours or Minutes.
- New options for Rain Sensor added on Restrictions - Rain Sensor (read more about Rain Sensor).
- Added support for Rain Sensor under Settings - Restrictions
- Improve Reset to defaults behavior
- Add support for ZeroConf / Bonjour service
- Improve behavior of flashing wrench icon when NOAA or other data source is being problematic
- Instant manual cancelling of zone watering
- Better loading behavior for the main screen after a reboot
- Add a warning for program rain restriction setting
- Save zone / program when directly pressing the Home button
- Various internal fixes.
02/07/2017 | v4.0.851
This version is available for all RainMachine devices (except for the 1st generation RainMachines Touch sold in between 2013-2014) and includes all features available on the v4.0.844 firmware update released on 12/20/2016 with the following improvements:
- Charts: Fixed Dashboard WEEK view charts data not being correctly loaded.
- Charts: Changed the Restriction icon with red exclamation sign.
- Charts: Proper align restriction icon.
- Charts: Fix last non null value being shown when mousing over the graphs.
- UI: Better refresh when programs, weather or restrictions are changed.
- UI: Increase UI refresh time.
- Advanced custom values convert to proper measurement unit. Automatically compute simulated values when Custom advanced settings change.
- Added Advanced Zone Settings icons into the RainMachine font. Changed Typical Summer Watering Time text.
- Changes to styles for timers. Added general Advanced Zone Settings font icons.
- Add percentage for field capacity.
- Hide properties when master valve is selected for Zone 1.
- Set the advanced parameters. Show/Hide custom settings when Custom is selected for these advanced settings.
- Show error if bad parameters are entered on advanced properties.
- Add dynamic simulation of zone properties to show field capacity and reference timer.
- Move zone advanced values to metric. Default to Clay Loam.
- Changed the "Custom" icon for the Advanced Zone Edit option.
- Changed the size of the Advanced Zone Edit icons.
- Change vegetation, soil, sprinkler head type, sun exposure and slope icons with the selected option icon.
- Added Current Field Capacity to Zones Advanced Settings.
- Added Program Restrictions, added units to advanced zone properties.
- API 4.3 beta: Show timing for soak/delay.
- Various fixes: New program creation didn't show set timers. Reduced interval for programs and zones refresh when no watering is happening.
- Allow Next Run to be set for programs with Every N days frequency.
- Change zone timer color depending on type.
- Set/Read Program QPF restriction.
- Frequency: Change auto timer for selected weekdays based on future multiplier.
- Show today as next run date when creating new programs.
- Fix coef being applied twice. Refresh zone timers on cancel.
- Read and Set per zone auto user percentages.
- Add auto timer user settable percentage.
- Compute total time.
- Show summer suggested reference timers multiplied with program frequency.
- Add Automatic Cycle & Soak.
- Show Next Run: Unknown instead of 1970 for inactive programs.
- Programs allow choosing between automatic or manual zone durations.
- Show stop button for running inactive programs.
- Allow starting program even if it's inactive.
- Fix issue with zone seconds not showing on programs.
- Watering History table layout redesign for quick reading.
- Watering History: Show/Hide detailed cycle information.
- Parsers/Util: Parse of JSON as string received from parameters.
- Water Saved: Correct percentage calculations to match mobile clients.
- Added text for Restriction 11.
- Put Weather Rules parser in Development category.
- Remove global Field Capacity setting.
- Weather Parsers: Fix for parsers without Parser in name
Local touch interface
- Completely redesigned Zones and Program edit screens.
- Weather and Seasonal Adjustments options are now available per individual zone.
- You can now set Advanced Zone Settings options through local touch interface.
- Ability to "Copy to new" a current program.
- Change the Program "Next run" when the frequency is set to "Every X Days".
- Adjust "Total Program Time" on the fly.
- Program zones have now Suggested watering times.
- Save default max watering coefficient value to 150%.
- Use caching mechanism for better performance.
- Improve live watering incrementing / decrementing.
- Show MAC address in all scenarios in the Updates and Network Tools screens.
- Show loading animation after boot
- Minor fixes.
12/20/2016 | v4.0.844
*This release adds more customization of zone parameters like soil type, sprinkler head type, sun exposure and slope inclination. With these settings RainMachine can suggest a proper zone watering duration and use advanced soil/vegetation properties to optimize watering requirements.
*Watering Programs can now use an automatic duration which is suggested from the zone properties, this duration will change depending on weather and program frequency. This duration can be increased or decreased by user by a custom percentage. Existing users that use their own manual duration are not affected
*Cycle and Soak can now be set to automatic beside the old manual setting. It will take soil and sprinkler type information and split the watering time in cycles to prevent overwatering and runoffs. Cycles durations that are too small to be beneficial to plants will be automatically scheduled for next watering.
*Automatic Cycle and Soak is now dynamically optimized, so there is no need to wait for a soak duration if succeeding zone watering durations are over the soak duration.
*Field Capacity (how much water can soil keep) is now a per zone property. This is automatically determined from zone settings and can be increased or decreased by user. Also possible surface accumulation from zone slope is take into account. Existing users that were using the global setting will have their setting automatically applied for each zone.
*All vegetation, soil, sprinkler head, slope and sun exposure can be fine tuned by creating custom settings for each of these properties. This includes root depth, crop coefficient (yearly or monthly), allowed depletion, soil intake rate and moisture capacity, sprinkler application rate and efficiency.
*History for predicted forecast from Weather Underground has been fixed for users that were using a custom weather station. Previously the QPF value was overwritten with observed rain amount.
*RainMachine will now try to refresh the weather forecast before running a program.
*People that like to tinker with RainMachine will find a new weather parser that can be configured to execute any API call depending on their own defined rules. It’s similar to IFTTT but built in RainMachine. This feature is beta quality and can be found on Weather Services->Developer->Weather Rules.
*REST API has been updated to version 4.3 with many additions for more information see:
*We released an Python client for RainMachine REST API, which allows to control RainMachine from python scripts. More details:
- Fix invalid zone vegetation type 8 error forcing users to save all zones again.
- API4/HTTP: Allow requests with Content-Length: 0
- Added Xeriscape vegetation type with a lower crop coefficient
- Workaround for rare cases where NTP wasn’t syncing time correctly
- Mixer: Fix for the situation when we have a parser that fetches past data,
we need get existing data in mixer db so we don't replace the whole past mixer data with last received parser values
- ParserManager: Fix for historical parsers that send measured yesterday data,
that will keep the last QPF value from being overwritten as QPF is always null on measured data report
- API4: Upped API version to 4.3
- Added precipitation forecast restriction for programs, which will overwrite RainMachine algorithm.
With this option programs can be set to not start if forecasted precipitation quantity (QPF) exceed a user settable value
- Programs: add user percentage for automatic durations
- Apply sun exposure coefficient to crop coefficient
- API4: Add POST zone/simulate to return reference time and field capacity for a set of zone properties
- Restriction: Rewrite handling of weather data for restrictions.
- Increase available water upper limit by allowed surface accumulation + wsdays
- Automatic cycle/soak
- API4: Export referenceTime for zones.
- RMParserFramework: wunderground parser: correct saving of minTemp and maxTemp.
- Allow definition of 12 values (monthly) for crop coefficient.
- Rules: Integrate with API4Client
- Rules: Added RMRules parser that can execute REST API calls depending on custom user defined rules
- RMParserFramework: netatmo-parser now uses values from yesterday not instant values
- API4: Show remaining time on /watering/queue call
- Parsers/Weather Underground: Use all day QPF instead of hourly qpf as qpf is missing for hours in the past
- Parsers/Forecast.io: Use all day QPF instead of hourly qpf as qpf is missing for hours in the past
- Parsers/NetAtmo: Now uses values from yesterday not instant values
- API4: Show remaining time on /watering/queue call.
- Run weather parsers 10 minutes before program start if no weather updated in the last hour.
- Correction for past: Reduce maximum allowed QPF Delta that would increase watering if no observed rain information
is available by evapotranspiration average.
- Don't reset the simulation completely when changing wind/rain sensitivity just resimulate future days.
- Fix for sunset/sunrise beyond polar circle. If no sunrise/sunset it returns the mid of day.
06/03/2016 | v4.0.750
- AutoCalibrate et0 average on reboot.
- Improve management of Available Water in soil between days.
- Automatically fix elevation and costal/land coefficients for users that setup didn't set elevation.
- Elevation is automatically taken from closest weather station if the default elevation is found.
- Increased One Time Pin expiry time to 32h
- Added valve short and overload detection and send notifications when an short or overload event occurs
- Send notifications when a reboot happened during watering
- Send notifications when a program was restricted to run
- Add restrictions flags for the days in /dailystats/details call
- Fix for wrong elevation for wind measurements this should result in less watering.
- Fix for Correction for the Past feature that in some cases was being applied twice.
- Fix for rainsensor restriction now showing on waterlog
Local Touch Interface (v1.0.19) - RainMachine Touch HD Series only:
- Rigorously validate the remote access email provided by the user
- Add Restore from backup functionality inside the Updates screen
- Add option to restore from backup while doing the initial setup
- Add possibility to set minutes and seconds for Master Valve
- Add Network Tools screen to troubleshoot any networking issues
- Minor fixes.
04/18/2016 | v4.0.712
- Fix for sunrise/sunset programs not starting correctly
- Fix newly created programs only showing watering information for current day
- Fix wrong measurement unit for solar radiation retrieved using WUnderground
- Fix for incorrect watering graphs shown for programs that already watered today
- Simulator: run program even if zone is inactive
- Parsers/CIMIS: Fix Warning message
- RMSimulatorFramework: log when limiting AW; moved log entry et0Avg
- rmSimulator: Better logging for skipped yesterday entry
- DiagUpload: Upload latest simulation. Allow for absolute path files upload
- rmSimulator: allow simulation for programs on restricted days (not only in freezeprotect)
- rmMixer: fix error when running parsers, correctly get last qpf if current mixed data has no qpf
- RMNetworkFramework, rmHTTPResourceApiProgram, fixed compare int with bool. fixes: "Newly created programs only show dailystats for today /changing start time resimulate the program for 1 day"
- WUnderground: compute solar radiation from history observations; add parameter "useSolarRadiation" - default false
- WUnderground: Fix invalid daily summary when rain is None
- RMParserFramework: Wuderground parser: remove solar radiation and convert pressure to kpa
- RMSimulatorFramework: simulate programs that have already run for today in order to compute available water correctly
- RMProgramsFramework: hot fix for sunrise and sunset program starting
03/25/2016 | v4.0.700
- Added volatile logging with persistent rotating for simulator log
- Settings: Set Alexa Discovery to False by default
- Documentation: Updated touch ui info
- HTTP Server: Increase concurrent connections to 15 for non OPENWRT platform
- Increase TOTP expiration to 4h + 4h drift (8h). Replace Virtual Watering logging with just Watering text
- Main: Fix wrong details at startup. Fix discoverSprinklers loop
- RainSensor: Allow rain sensor operation to be inverted by using provision rainSensorIsNormallyClosed
- API4.1/Parsers: Add parser/N/defaults API call to reset parser params to default values
- API4.2: Added GET auth/totp and allow auth/login auth/check with TOTP
- API4/Dev: Remove mime-type requirement for parser upload as it might not work on all browsers
- API4: Added simulationExpired to GET /programs
- API4: Moved back freq_modified as int, because it breaks client compatibility
- API:Dev: ParserUpload: Return error when parser can't be loaded
- Parsers/METNO: Add Brown changes, msl parameter, improve parsing of weather data
- Parsers: Add description, forecast/historical information, cleanup
- Parsers: Add resetParserParams()
- RMNetworkFramework, RMProgramsFramework: getStartTimeParams for RMHTTPResourceApi4_ProgramByID
- RMNetworkFramework: rmHTTPResourceApi4DailyStats: fix for negative ids
- RMParserFramework: netatmo-parser: fix for unnamed modules
- RMParserFramework: netatmo-parser: specific modules parameter as string; ssl for mac
- RMParserFramework: rmMixer.py: Saving past qpf for historical parsers
- RMParserFramework: rmParserManager: notify cloud using parser name instead of id
- RMDatabaseFramework: only get used entries for past values
- rmHTTPResourceApi4Program.py: change raw_start_time dict key to rawStartTime
- rmHTTPResourceApi4Program: set start date correctly
- rmHTTPResourceApi4Program: use startTimeParams
- rmPrograms: correct daylight saving utc difference
- rmPrograms: fix setStartHourDynamic
- rmPrograms: getStartTimeParams: also added offsetMinutes and offsetSign to 0 when fixed type is returned
- rmPrograms: getStartTimeParams: offsetSign as int
- RMPrograms: memory only should simulate parameter
- rmPrograms: subtract minutes also for dynamic programs
- rmPrograms: unpack negative values to sunrise/sunset + delta - fix http api support
- rmProgramSchedulerWatering: fixed call for markRecordsAsUsed
- RMProgramsFramework, RMNetworkFramework: fix for cannot set normal start hour
- RMSimulatorFramework, RMNetworkFramework/API4 - simulate only modified program and update home screen data
- RMSimulatorFramework, RMNetworkFramework/API4 - use freq_modified in order to run the simulate the program when modified
- RMSimulatorFramework: delete previous simulated data for programs starting from the time of the simulator run; delete for all programs, not just simulated programs
- RMSimulatorFramework: do not simulate already ran programs. Use qpfDelta as qpfReal-qpfUsed when no rain information is present (CFP).
- RMSimulatorFramework: fix for subtracting qpfused when rain is none
- RMSimulatorFramework: fix getting et0Used, et0used only for previous run, fixed updating et0used and qpf in past values
- RMSimulatorFramework: fixed bug when adding fake program
- RMSimulatorFramework: rmSimulatorTable: select only last forecastID when getting program next run
- RMUtilsFramework: rmTimeUtils: compute sunrise and sunset
Local Touch Application:
- Changed the Weather - Data Sources to show active weather services
- Watering restriction notification on the main screen
- Added "Current Restriction" screen
01/08/2016 | v4.0.636
- New Web interface design
- RainMachine can now be used with Alexa, just utter "Alexa discover my devices" and Alexa will find your RainMachine zones and programs automatically, no cloud setup required.
- Users that request new features can now choose install updates from beta quality server without waiting for official stable releases.
- Added triggers for notifications on mobile devices
- Improved correction for the past to take in account historical data if user has a weather parser that can retrieve this data (ie: weather underground, netatmo).
- Correction for the past is optional and has to be activated from Settings (web ui)
- Watering log now also specify water surplus when watering is 0%
- Added a software rainsensor which can be used to completely restrict watering, based on user specified QPF threshold, even if more water is needed in soil after raining
- Better default evapotranspiration for system that aren't connected to the internet.
- Faster irrigation simulation for 7 days in the future
Parsers (weather retrieval):
- It's now possible to upload a new custom parser without overwriting an existing one with same name
- Added ability to delete custom parsers
- Added ability to check on parser last known error message from API
- Weather Underground: Also download and use historical data for yesterday
- Weather Underground: Export nearby airport stations location and distance from RainMachine through API for easier client selection
- netAtmo: Added optional parser for netAtmo that can be used directly with netatmo username and password (which can be configured from web ui)
- netAtmo: retrieve data from available modules (rain, wind)
- netAtmo: added ability to specify from which modules to fetch data
- simulator: Added a weather simulator that can simulate certain kinds of weather depending on user configuration
- New API 4.1 version, clients using API 4.0 are still compatible.
- For new features see http://docs.rainmachine.apiary.io/#introduction/changes-from-api-4.0-to-api-4.1
- Fixed an issue where device name change wasn't visible when accessing RainMachine from https://my.rainmachine.com
- Fixed an issue that was affecting starting day for programs set to run at certain week days
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Forecast.io weather parser to run on RainMachine HD-* product family.
09/25/2015 | v4.0.574
- Improved developer API test page.
- Improved how the minimum temperatures for freeze control are tracked.
- Improved water saving for 'every-N days' programs with no internet data when using zone history.
- Improved Web UI to allow custom configuration of parsers and user custom parser upload.
- Improved cloud client reliability on larger data transfers that occur when requesting 1 year data history from device.
08/04/2015 | v4.0.558
- (Beta) Introduced web interface to allow control from a PC/laptop browser.
- Reduce level of logging in normal mode
- Application log is now sent as JSON instead of HTML
- Don't close water led when watering is finished.
- Remove WIFI configuration on Reset To Defaults.
- Fix master valve issues when enabling/disabling master from zone properties.
- Fix programs and zones with ignore internet weather that were still taking QPF into account.
06/03/2015 | v4.0.539
- Simulator: Log et0Avg
- Location settings: set default et0average to 1
-"settingschanged-geolocation" - reset parser/mixer/simulator after we update DOY.
- Parsers/Met.no: Fix condition mappings