As an owner of a RainMachine device you'll be able to grant access to your device to another RainMachine owner, or to any Google email account owner. As an invitee you'll be able to access the owner's RainMachine device with the access rights he granted you.
How to share access to your RainMachine
As an owner, to share access on your RainMachine device, please follow these steps:
- Go to RainMachine Web app (https://my.rainmachine.com) and log in with your RainMachine remote access credentials.
- Once successfully logged in, click on the SHARE ACCESS button.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to share access to your RainMachine device (either RainMachine remote access or the Google account email address).
- Add a short commentary (optional).
- Choose your RainMachine device from the list.
- Choose what type of rights that person you'll share to will have over your RainMachine device:
- View: the person you share to can only view your RainMachine device, but cannot do any action on it
- Limited: the person you share can only start/stop/pause and change watering times for your RainMachine zones and programs.
- Full: the person you share can do any action on your RainMachine device, but cannot change the device's main System Settings like device password, remote access, factory reset, SSH access, and PIN code.
- Click on the SHARE RAINMACHINE button. An invitation will be sent to the email address that you entered for shared access. Your invitee must accept this invitation before being able to access your RainMachine. If he doesn't do it in 7 days you have to invite him again.
Note: You can get more information about it by clicking on the "3 dots" button on the right side, or you can revoke the access any time you want by clicking on the "Delete" red button. Once you do that, the person you shared access to will no longer have access to your RainMachine device.
- Once successfully validated, that person, using the RainMachine or Google account email address will be able to access your RainMachine device and will only have the access rights you grant them to.
Note: The RainMachine - Share Access service is only accessible through the RainMachine Web application at https://my.rainmachine.com Also, the shared access cannot be given to a Google Alias email account, it has to be the main Google account.
How to access a RainMachine that had been shared with you
As an invitee, to access the RainMachine device you were invited by the owner, please follow these steps:
- Look into your email Inbox or SPAM folders after the shared access validation message from the RainMachine Support that was automatically sent after the owner invited you. If you didn't get that email message, for any reason, please ask the owner to invite you again.
- Open it and click on the "Accept Invitation" button. Once the process is successful you'll have access rights on the owner RainMachine device.
Note: The owner's invitation will expire after 7 days. You will need to ask the owner to invite you again if the validation process failed.
- Open RainMachine Web application into your internet browser by going to https://my.rainmachine.com
- To log in, use either RainMachine remote access credentials (if you're a RainMachine user) or the Google account used by the owner to invite you.
- After a successful login, you'll get the owner RainMachine device listed under the "Shared with me" table.
Note: To get more information about it, click on the "3 dots" right side button, or, if for any reason, do not want to access the owner RainMachine device in the future you can revoke yourself out by clicking on the "Delete" red button.
- Click on its name to access it. You will have the access rights the owner granted you to.