The "Sign in with Google" and "Sign in with Apple" integrations enable RainMachine customers to sign in to the web and mobile RainMachine applications using their Google and Apple accounts to access their own or shared RainMachine devices.
If you own a RainMachine and you have remote access validated with your Google or Apple email account, you will be able to access the device and perform different operations using "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Apple". If you do not own any RainMachine but have received shared access on your Google or Apple email address, you will also have access to this device according to the permission type, set by the owner.
If you own a RainMachine device registered with an email other than a Google or Apple email account, you will have access to it as before, using the "Sign In with RainMachine
On RainMachine web app
- using the desktop web browser, go to https://my.rainmachine.com
- Click on the "Sign in with Google
" or "Sign in with Apple"
- on the next page, you will be redirected to the Google or Apple account sign-in page.Google
- if you are already connected to Google you may choose your Google account from the list to continue, if not, you will be requested by Google to introduce your Google account credentials.
- after signing in with Google, you will be redirected to the RainMachine application page containing the list of your own or shared devices.
- using a web browser you can choose to use a different Apple ID account if the one you are currently logged in with has an Apple ID account that is not the same as your RainMachine email remote access account or you did not have any RainMachine shared with that Apple ID.
On RainMachine mobile app
- tap the "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Apple" option in Devices / Remote Access (Sign In) screen.
- on the next page choose your Google account to continue if having connected more accounts or you will be asked for Google credentials.
- after signing in, a list with your own and shared devices will be displayed when accessing the Devices tab.
- using the "Sign in with Apple" on RainMachine iOS mobile app it will only allow you to sign in using the Apple ID email account currently used on your Apple device (iPhone or iPad). You cannot choose to use another email account unless you change the current account on the iOS system settings.
This feature will only work if you choose to "Show Email" address for your Apple ID.
The RainMachine mobile/web sign-in process requires your Remote Access email address, otherwise, the sign-in will not be successful.
"Sign in with Apple" it will be available on the 4.6.119 version of the RainMachine iOS mobile app (currently pending Apple AppStore approval).