All RainMachine devices can be locally accessed using the RainMachine iOS or Android mobile apps or using RainMachine Local Web app.
In order to do that you'll need:
- Your mobile/desktop has to be connected to the same local network as your RainMachine device.
- Latest RainMachine mobile apps versions from Apple App Store or Google Play.
- A modern desktop web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera or Microsoft Edge.
Local Network Access using RainMachine iOS or Android mobile apps
1) Open RainMachine mobile app on your Apple or Android phone/tablet and the RainMachine device name should be listed automatically on the DEVICES screen under the LOCAL NETWORK section (iOS app) or with its local IP address under its name (Android app).
2) Tap on your RainMachine name to access it. If you access it for the first time you may need to enter its password. Once the password is correct you'll be able to access and control your RainMachine.
If the RainMachine is not automatically discovered and listed with its name on the DEVICES screen please check:
- that your mobile phone/tablet are connected to the same local network as your RainMachine device
- that Local Discovery is switched ON by accessing upper left menu icon and the Network Settings - Local Discovery - ON
- check that the Local Network permissions are granted on your Apple iPhone/Tablet iOS Settings for the RainMachine iOS app. Check iOS Settings - Privacy - Local Network - RainMachine - ON
Local Network Access using RainMachine Local Web app
The RainMachine Local Web app is saved on the RainMachine device itself.
1) To access it find and note down your RainMachine local IP address
- On RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 tap on Settings - System - Updates & Restore - IP
- On RainMachine Pro-8/16 tap on Settings - About - Network Info - Wi-Fi (or LAN)
- For RainMachine Mini-8 you should open your Wi-Fi router settings and look for its IP address under the wireless connected devices on your network.
2) Open the internet browser on your desktop/laptop that are connected to the same local network as your RainMachine device
3) Type into the address bar your RainMachine local IP like this
https://192.168.100.100:8080 where the 192.168.100.100 is your RainMachine local IP address.
Please note the https:// and the :8080 port.
4) Agree with the security certificate exception and access the page. Since the device is using a private IP address in your network you must accept the certificate exception. The certificate will still provide encryption but can't be validated automatically because of the private IP address.
5) The password popup screen should load and you'll need to enter your RainMachine password.
6) If correct and successful you will be able to access and control your RainMachine through the RainMachine Local Web app interface.