My municipality is planning to implement at 3-days-a-week watering policy. I would like to be able to comply with this regulation without having my grass get particularly dry in the later summer months. Strategies I have tried that have led to dry grass:
- Watering every 3 days with Adaptive Frequency. Example Result: Last watering Friday, Adaptive Frequency kicks in on Monday, no watering until Thursday, and the grass is dry.
- Water Daily w/Watering Restrictions on 4 days out of the week. Example Result: Watering allowed on MWF. Last Watering on Friday. Adaptive Frequency kicks in on Monday, no watering until Wednesday and the grass is dry.
My current strategy to simulate my desire:
- Water daily, set minimum rollover threshold to 150% of watering time and hope for the best
What I'd like to do:
- Water daily with a restriction to not water on consecutive days (or after at least 2 days have past). Example Result: Last watering on Friday Adaptive Frequency kicks in on Monday, next watering is on Tuesday.
- Water 3 times every 7 days (Sunday-Saturday). Example Result: Week 1 watering on MWF, Week 2 on MWSa (Adaptive delay), Week 3 on MTh (Adaptive delay), Week 4 on SuWF
Please sign in to leave a comment.