This is a cumulative software release(1) for RainMachine HD-12/16, RainMachine Pro-8/16, and RainMachine Mini-8. It contains improvements and fixes for Met.no data service (European Weather Service API) as well as web interface improvements. See below for details.
Common firmware improvements and fixes
- Update for the latest Met.no API as the previous version used by RainMachine is no longer accessible.
- Fixed issues with automatic re-login after the expiration of the previous login.
- Allow the possibility to specify modules for other base stations if the user has multiple base stations.
- Allow the possibility to select modules from devices being shared by other users.
- Better caching of day data for cases where further reports have missing data.
- Report observed RAIN for today instead of just for the previous day.
- Improved Program feature "Finish by Sunrise/Sunset". We have identified the cause that in certain cases can cause the Finish Before Sunrise programs not to run. To prevent this from happening we are now restricting the program to start to be on the same day. If previously the programs could theoretically start way past midnight (for programs with long duration) this is now limited to midnight to prevent the same program from starting on the same day twice leading to confusion.
- Improved Wi-Fi behavior on multi-point access points disconnects.
- Apple HomeKit support on all current devices (RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 and RainMachine Pro-8/16).
- Powerful new IFTTT additions, you can now send weather information from various IFTTT weather services and stations to your RainMachine, change programs start time and date, and many new triggers for program stopped with reason, rain delay, weather updates, leak detection.
RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 related
- Wi-Fi reconnect improvements.
- A separate experimental mode Wi-Fi reconnect algorithm has been added.
- Expanded the list of Wi-Fi adapters that can be used on RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 devices.
- Added support for TP-Link Archer T2U Plus Wi-Fi adapter.
Mobile Apps refresh (Android, iOS)
Several incremental updates for the RainMachine mobile apps were done for the iOS and Android clients, updates available at the Apple AppStore and Google Play. Notable changes for the RainMachine iOS app are in the User Interface such as 'dark mode' and the ability to change the landing screen.
- Introducing RainMachine iOS "Dark Mode" layout theme that automatically applies if your Apple mobile device is set to Dark Theme mode. Open Apple iPhone/iPad "Settings > Display & Brightness > Dark".
- Select the landing screen of the RainMachine iOS app, either DASHBOARD or ZONES. Open Apple iPhone/iPad "Settings - scroll all the way down to RainMachine app - scroll down to "Landing Screen" and choose the preferred screen.
- Device names are listed in alphabetical order on the DEVICES screen.
- Find and access the RainMachine Smart Integrations. Open the "RainMachine mobile app > Settings > Smart Integrations" and learn how to integrate IoT services with RainMachine.
- Many "under the hood" fixes that improve the user experience, like fixes for the Setup process, mobile Notifications, fast loading DASHBOARD graphs, ZONES images, Watering History.
RainMachine Web app interface
- Fix issue with chart graphs being cramped on the left side that sometimes happen after a refresh.
- Improved NetAtmo Weather Service configuration UI.
- Added dark mode with the possibility to switch between light mode and dark mode from "Settings > System Settings > Web Theme".
- Other improvements.
Currently, in development
- Flowmeter visualization charts.
- Ability to push flow meter data to RainMachine.
- Ability to install and update community-developed weather services.
(1) The RainMachine firmware update will be released in stages. The final roll-out will be available in up to three weeks.
For more info please visit this page.
Post is closed for comments.