You can connect to the RainMachine from a laptop by following the next steps:
- Make sure that the RainMachine Mini-8 is set on Access Point mode - showing the letter A on the digit display.
- Connect your laptop Wi-Fi to RainMachine Access Point.
- Look for RainMachine-XXXXX Wi-Fi network on the discovered network list.
- Click on it and it will connect automatically to the RainMachine Mini-8 network AP (Access Point).
- Open internet browser and navigate to https://192.168.13.1:8080/api/4/ which is a web page containing all commands that can be performed on the RainMachine
- Touch a button on the Mini-8 touch panel to activate it. This is a security protection as by default RainMachine Mini-8 doesn't have a password.
- Press POST auth/login leaving the password field blank.
- Scroll down to POST provision/wifi/settings.
- Fill the SSID with the name of your home Wi-Fi network Access Point.
- Set encryption to psk2 if you have a WPA2 protected network.
- Fill your home Wi-Fi network password (if any) to key field.
- Type DHCP to networkType.
- Press POST provision/wifi/settings this will save the settings and put the device in client mode connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Geolocation and other settings can be performed by POST provision on same page or by using the web interface which is available on https://rainmachine-ip:8080/ui/
Note: If you make any mistake in the steps above (wrong password or SSID) the device will reboot after a while back in Access Point mode (showing the letter A on the digit display) and it will allow the configuration to be retried.