1. Press and Hold the RESET Button for 5 Seconds to Reboot Device
To reset WiFi and password settings, press and hold the RESET button (located under the white front panel next to the power terminals) for 5+ seconds. When you release the RESET button you must hear a loud beep sound.
The RainMachine Mini-8 system will automatically reboot. The reboot process can take up to 2 minutes.
Note: Resetting the RainMachine Mini 8 device will erase only Wi-Fi settings and the password. Other data, like location, program schedule & properties, zones properties, restrictions will not be affected.
2. Join the "RainMachine" Wi-Fi Network From Your Smartphone.
After the reboot process is complete, the RainMachine Mini-8 display will show the letter "A"
Now join the "RainMachine" Wi-Fi network using your smartphone:
- Open Settings on your smartphone
- Choose Wi-Fi
- In the Wi-Fi networks list, you will find the "RainMachine-XXXXXX" Wi-Fi network (eg: RainMachine-08b25a)
- Tap it and will automatically connect (see the Apple iOS and Google Android Wi-Fi settings screenshots below)
3. Launch the RainMachine Smartphone App to Continue.
- Launch iOS / Android RainMachine mobile app on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings -> System Settings -> Network Settings.
- Set up your home Wi-Fi network (choose your home Wi-Fi SSID name and then enter it's password (if any).
- RainMachine will attempt to connect to your Home Wi-Fi, The Wi-Fi LED on the RainMachine devices should turn solid ON
- Connect your mobile phone back to your home network and re-launch RainMachine application
4. Change the Password.
Article is closed for comments.