"Ok, Google. Talk to RainMachine. Water zone Front Lawn for five minutes and thirty seconds"
Control RainMachine with your voice.
- A valid RainMachine remote access account
- Download and install Google Assistant mobile app (iOS or Android) and log in with the Google account.
- A Google Home device (optional).
Note: Once the RainMachine Google Assistant app is configured, you can use the voice commands with any compatible Google Assistant standalone devices. They will need to be linked to the same google account.
Connect Google Assistant with RainMachine
1) Log in to Google.
2) Using your phone or desktop browser to open this link https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/00000008590ba9cd?hl=en-US
3) On the desktop browser click on the button "Send to device" and choose the device you would want to use.
4) On the mobile phone, open the Google Assistant app (iOS or Android) and tap on the "Explore" icon. Search for "rainmachine" integration and then tap on the "Link" button to log in with the RainMachine remote access account credentials (email address and RainMachine password). You'll need to accept RainMachine with Google Assistant integration.
Note: If there are more RainMachine devices associated with the same remote access account you will be able to control them all. Please make sure you will not have the same zone and program names on different RainMachine devices.
Important: Learn more about Google Assistant availability. If you do not get the new "Explore" icon on the lower right corner of the screen, as a workaround, you might need to change your phone/tablet region to the United States and language to English (United States) in order to discover and use Google Assistant applications like RainMachine.
5) To grant Google Assistant access to RainMachine tap on the "Agree" button.
6) Done! Your RainMachine is now linked to Google Assitant.
Operating Rainmachine via Google Assistant
The first and required step to control RainMachine with voice using the Google Assistant app on your phone is to tap on the microphone icon and say: Talk to RainMachine
The Assistant will open the RainMachine app replying with a greeting message.
After that use one of the voice commands:
1) start/water zone followed by the zone custom name with the desired amount of time in minutes and seconds, all in the same command.
Note: You have to add the watering time in the command phrase, otherwise Google Assistant will not know for how long to water the zone.
Water for <duration> zone <ZoneName>
Start zone <ZoneName> for <3 minutes>
Turn on watering on zone <zone1> for <2 minutes>
2) start/water program followed by the program custom name.
start program <program name>
turn on program <program1>
water program <program1>
Optionally you can add "on <rainmachine name>" at the end of the above phrases to start a program on a certain RainMachine device.
3) stop watering.
Voice command example:
You: Ask RainMachine to stop watering
4) list zones (list programs).
- What are my programs?
- List my programs
- List my zones
- What zones do I have?
- Can you tell me my zone names?
- Tell me my zone names
- What are my zone names?
- Enumerate my zones
Using these commands the RainMachine Google Assistant will reply with the list of all zones or programs, including the inactive ones.
5) status (what is watering and for how long).
- List zones on "RainMachineName"
- What zones are running on "RainMachineName"
- Status on "RainMachineName"
- Watering status on "RainMachineName"
- List running zones
- What zones are running?
- What's my "RainMachineName" status?
Note: Please use human-readable zone and programs custom names, short ones are highly recommended for a better and faster understanding by the Google Assistant.