The Apple HomeKit integration for RainMachine Pro-8/16 simplifies the Wi-Fi setup process steps.
- A brand new or factory reset RainMachine Pro-8/16 device updated to the latest firmware version (4.0.1131 and up).
- A local home Wi-Fi network that RainMachine Pro-8/16 will be connected to (internet access is required if your Apple device is not 4G enabled),
- An Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch updated to the latest version of the Apple iOS system (version 11.0 or up is required for Apple HomeKit). Note: The Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch must be connected to the local home Wi-Fi network you wish to connect to the RainMachine Pro-8/16 device.
- The RainMachine iOS mobile app (v4.6.103 and up) installed on your Apple device.
Wi-Fi setup for RainMachine Pro-8/16 using Apple HomeKit
- After a successful boot up the "Welcome" screen will show up on the RainMachine Pro-8/16 display.
- On your Apple device go to "Settings - Wi-Fi" scroll all the way down until you see the RainMachine Pro-8/16 listed under the "SET UP A NEW DEVICE" section.
- Tap on it and choose "Add to Home and setup" from the popup.
Note: You can also use the RainMachine iOS mobile app, tap on the RainMachine Pro-8/16 name listed with the label "setup" in the Devices list and choose the "Add to Home and setup" option. - Apple Home app will open and ready to scan the Apple HomeKit code from the RainMachine Pro-8/16 display.
- Tap the "Back" button on the RainMachine Pro-8/16, then choose Settings - System - IoT - Apple HomeKit - Pairing Mode - Yes.
- The Apple HomeKit code will be displayed on the screen.
- Scan it with your Apple device and wait for the process to finish.
- Once successful, the RainMachine Pro-8/16 device will be connected to your home Wi-Fi network and added to the Apple Home app as Apple HomeKit Accessory.
Follow this article to learn more about what you can do with RainMachine Pro-8/16 Apple HomeKit enabled device.
Article is closed for comments.