RainMachine Pro uses an Open Access Point with the name RainMachine-XXXXXX for configuration purposes. This Open Access Point might be left open after you completed the setup due to certain condition (like interrupted setup or ethernet setup).
To enable/disable RainMachine Pro-8/16 Wi-Fi Access Point mode using a web browser please follow these steps:
- Connect your desktop or laptop/mobile to the same network as the RainMachine Pro.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS:8081/api/4/ which is a web page containing all commands that can be performed on the RainMachine device.
Note: The "LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS" of the RainMachine Pro-8/16 device can be found by tapping on "Settings - About - Network Info"
- Type the RainMachine Pro admin password into the Password input field and then click on POST auth/login. A popup will show that the access has been granted. Click OK.
- Scroll down to POST provision/wifi/ap
- To enable/disable RainMachine Pro Wi-Fi Access Point mode check (enable) or uncheck (disable) the option Enable/Disable AP Mode
- To save the state of the Wi-Fi Access Point mode for the RainMachine Pro click on the POST provision/wifi/ap text button link.
- The final step is to restart the RainMachine Pro device by tapping on "Settings - Advanced - Reboot".
- After the reboot, if the RainMachine Pro Wi-Fi Access Point was disabled will not longer be visible (no longer be broadcast as RainMachine-XXXXXX).