Straight out of the box, RainMachine Pro-8/16 (v4.0.1128 and up) and RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 (v.4.01125 Beta) with Apple HomeKit integration will work with your Apple devices.
With Apple HomeKit integration for RainMachine you will be able to manually start/stop a zone, change a default running time for each zone, queue multiple zones, change the status of a zone (active or inactive), change the zone custom names and use voice to command Apple Siri to start/stop a zone or check your sprinkler status.
- update RainMachine Pro-8/16 to the stable firmware version and RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 to beta firmware version
- update RainMachine iOS mobile app to the latest version from the Apple AppStore
- make sure you have Apple iOS version updated to at least v11.0 and up, if not, check for Apple Software Updates and install them
- your Apple iPhone/iPad has to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as RainMachine devices and internet connectivity should be available.
Pair RainMachine with Apple iPhone/iPad
- open Apple Home app and tap the (+) or "Add Accessory" button
- on RainMachine Pro tap on: Settings - System - IoT - Apple HomeKit - Pairing Mode - Yes.
- on RainMachine Touch HD tap on: Settings - System - IoT - Apple HomeKit - Enter pairing mode
- wait for the Apple HomeKit code & QR to be generated on the RainMachine screen
- scan the Apple HomeKit QR with the Apple iPhone/iPad camera
- wait for the RainMachine to be added as Apple HomeKit Accessory
- of the process was successful, you can rename the RainMachine HomeKit accessory name, add it to a room, mark it as Favorite, change zone names and their status (active/inactive), manually start/stop zones, change their default running times and also ask Apple Siri by voice to get your sprinkler status, to start/stop a zone (eg: "Hey Siri, what's my sprinkler status", or "Hey Siri, start zone 3 for 10 minutes")
Please sign in to leave a comment.